Policy on work safety, hygiene, health and environment of Groupe Forrest International sa
The companies of Groupe Forrest International have committed to subscribing to a policy on matters of Work Safety, Hygiene, Health and Environment (SHHE), in compliance with the legal and regulatory provisions, in order to:
- Prevent work accidents;
- Fight against professional illnesses;
- Create healthy working conditions;
- Resolve excessive professional fatigue;
- Adapt the work to man;
- Manage and fight against major community health epidemics in the work setting;
- Conserve the environment in the context of their activities and works;
- Eliminate all sorts of material damage;
- Improving productivity through motivation and a good social atmosphere at work.
To achieve these objectives, each company must rely on the following principles:
In accordance with the legal provisions, the company commits to provide its workers with a Company Medical Service (MS). This service, with an essentially preventative role has the mission of ensuring:
- The medical monitoring of its workers and the health supervision of the workplaces;
- First aid and urgency care to the victims of accidents or those falling ill.
In accordance with the legal provisions, the company commits to organise a Special Service for Safety, Hygiene and Embellishment of the workplaces (SHE). This service has the mission of ensuring:
- The technical supervision of the workers and the health supervision of workplaces;
- The general encouragement and training of the workers.
In accordance with the legal provisions, the company commits to establish a Committee for the Safety, Hygiene and Embellishment of the workplaces, whose mission is to:
- Conceive, correct and implement the policy of preventing work accidents and professional illnesses;
- Stimulate and monitor the good operation of the Safety and Health Services at work.
The company commits to pursue the objective of zero personnel accidents and health protection for the personnel, placing an emphasis on prevention.
The company commits to fight against nuisances by maintaining the places of work and installations in a permanent state of cleanliness and by providing the hygiene and safety conditions necessary for the health of the personnel.
The company commits to implement a health and safety at work management system.
The company commits to provide the personnel with work equipment and individual protection, as appropriate to the place and work conditions.
The company commits to provide collective protection devices within the installations and the equipment, as appropriate to the place and work conditions.
The company commits to implement everything possible to prevent and eliminate predictable risks, susceptible to result in physical injuries, professional illnesses, fires or explosions, material loss and environmental damage.
No priority may predominate over that of safety.
For this purpose, the motivation of the personnel must play a decisive role in the prevention and protection campaigns, so that safety becomes integrated into all the production operations and concerns all the supervisors, starting with the team leader, whose role is primordially in the field, with a view to ensuring that the safety instructions are well respected on a daily basis.
The company commits to ensure the good working order and maintenance of its equipment and installations used, which must equally be subjected to periodic monitoring and maintenance, in order to render them more reliable according to the safety standards, while respecting the environment.
The company commits to raise workers’ awareness of a culture of safety and preventing health risks, improving the reliability of technical installations and work methods, training, monitoring the physical and mental health of the personnel performing their work and the systematic examination of malfunctions and accidents.
- To this effect, the company commits to apply nine principles:
- Avoiding risks;
- Evaluating the risks after having identified them;
- Combating risks at their source;
- Adapting the work to man;
- Taking into account the state of technological progress;
- Replacing dangerous elements with safe or less dangerous ones;
- Planning for prevention;
- Taking collective protection measures;
- Providing workers with the appropriate instructions.
The company commits that while carrying out their functions, everybody, on all levels, is aware of their role and personal responsibility in terms of preventing the risks of accidents and health and environmental effects, to improve productivity. The vigilance and rigour in these areas are important factors in assessing everybody’s work and in particular, that of hierarchical managers.